What is ChiRunning?
- ChiRunning combines the inner focus and flow of T’ai Chi with the power and energy of running to produce a more energy-efficient running form. ChiRunning reduces impact and enables you to run injury-free, faster, and longer with much less effort and more enjoyment.
- With a focus on good posture, a strong core, and relaxed muscles, ChiRunners are able to achieve efficiency, speed, endurance, and injury-reduction.
- Since 1999, ChiRunning has helped people of all abilities enjoy running and avoid injury. By making improvements in form, beginners discover the joy and health benefit of running. Competitive runners experience faster times and the ability to cover longer distances with less need for recovery. Injured runners learn how to avoid the pain and layups commonly associated with chronic running injuries. Triathletes learn how to master their third sport as efficiently as possible.
What is ChiWalking?
- ChiWalking focuses on moving from your centre. Using proper body alignment and movement this technique gives you a powerful sense of balance and stability, as well as relaxation in your mind and body. ChiWalking turns walking into a daily mindful exercise routine that promotes both physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Who is it for?
- ChiRunning for Beginners:No running experience = no bad habits to break! By learning the ChiRunning technique you will master safe and joyful running. So read the book, watch the DVD, or better yet take a class and then lace up your running shoes and join the thousands who have learnt how to run with ChiRunning. You’ll boost your fitness levels and confidence at the same time. A happier and healthier YOU is waiting!
- ChiRunning for Injuries:In a survey of 2,500 Chi Runners, 54% had a pre-existing injury, and 88% of those said ChiRunning probably or definitely helped them recover, while 91% said ChiRunning probably or definitely helped prevent injuries.Prevention is better than cure! Learn to run with biomechanical efficiency in order to reduce injury occurrence and speed up recovery. With ChiRunning you’ll learn how to listen to your body and respond to it, helping you on the road to recovery and long-term running health!
- ChiRunning for Fitness & Competition:With a focus on energy efficiency and injury prevention you will be able to run with consistency, accomplishing your fitness, distance, and speed goals. With an intelligent approach there is no need to suffer frustrating injury layups or long recovery time after training sessions. ChiRunning is a gradual approach, enabling you to enjoy a healthy body and mind thanks to your training.
- ChiRunning for Triathlon:If leaving T2 your shoes feel like they are filled with cement, then ChiRunning can help! The biomechanics of ChiRunning help you run faster and further with less effort. Now you don’t have to save your legs for the run, you can use them on the bike and let your core do the work on the run!
Watch the video
I have spent a fortune on chiropractors, physio therapy and osteopaths, all of which aleviate pain temporarily. After running with Rebecca this year I have learnt how to run more efficiently and with less injury! I am so happy, now I spend my time training instead of going to doctors appointments! Plus my race times are faster, I saved about 10 minutes on the Half Ironman run and 20 minutes on the Ironman run compared to my times a year ago. I hope all people taking Rebecca's class have the same outcome!
Rebecca will be an asset to the ChiLiving team of instructors
We really enjoyed the class, and right now I am concentrating on keeping my core strong, head up and leaning forward when I run. I have already been running… good feelings! See you next week for the second class and congratulations on your teaching skills!
Follow us on: